Friday, April 24, 2015

Earth Overcome, Part 7: Sara Raft

    The second we landed I was out of the jet and inside.  I had to be quick, I had to be efficient, and I had to be professional.  Yukino need me.  I didn't bother to say anything to Agon or Gallatian.  I had the feeling neither of them were very stealthy.  Though  I couldn't help but be a little ashamed for abandoning them.  I shook my head.  I didn't have time to be sorry.  I just shook it off and kept going, like I always do.

  I ran straight past a huge open room, and into a hallway.  Yukino was in the basement and I took some stairs down to the lower levels.  As I started down the stairs I noticed something.  No guards.  No one was on these stairs.  Then I heard a giant crash.  it sounded like Agon and Gallatian had the guards distracted.  At least they were doing their jobs.  I crept down the hallway and heard some voices around the corner.  I drew my pistol, silenced of course.  I peaked around the corner and saw three guards.  Each one of them armed.  Though I had the element of surprise.

  I took a deep breath and whipped back around the corner and shot one of the guards.  He crumpled to the floor but the others saw him fall.

  "Someone's here." he yelled!
  
  I whipped back around and before the could notice me, I took aim and pulled the trigger twice.  They both fell.  I didn't hesitate.  quickly I got out of my cover and sprinted down the hall, taking care to step around the bodies.

  The next room was a more open area, with a door. That had to be where they were keeping Yukino.  The only problem was the two thugs standing guard.  I reached down to my belt and pulled out a grenade.  I stared at it.  If I used it they would all know where I was, but it was the only way.  There was no way I could take down the guys equipped with machine guns.  Silently, I pulled the pin and chucked it across the room.  I heard it bounce once, twice, then it rolled. 

  "What the..." started one of the guards but he never finished.  The explosion was so loud it left my ears ringing.  All I did was shake my head and run to the door (which had been blown off it's hinges.)

  "Yukino!" I called, standing at the top of the stairs.

  There was a voice at the bottom, faint but strong, "Sara!  You're hear?"  I heard her footsteps coming up the stairs and then she was standing right in front of me. "Finally." she grinned.

  "Yeah, I even brought the rest of the team."

  She nodded, "Good, that's good.  So how are we getting out?"

"Guns blazing."

  She tilted her head, "Seriously?"

  I took her sword out of my duffel bag, "Yeah seriously."

  "Dragon Fang." she whispered.  I nodded, Agon would get a kick out of her sword name.

  She unsheathed it and looked around, "I like this plan."

No comments:

Post a Comment