Sunday, May 31, 2015

Earth Overcome, Part 8: Sheath

  When Sara said "Guns Blazing" she meant guns blazing.  That's what hers were doing.  I for one was really curious about the team,

  "What are they like?" I asked. 

  Sara didn't answer.

  "How did they do on the mission?"

  Still no answer.

  "I hope they're okay."

  "Yukino, I could use some help."

  "Yeah." I nodded, I had been trying to avoid this.  I really didn't want to do this, but it couldn't be avoided, we needed Sheath.  I sighed and closed my eyes.

  Sheath Awoke

   Sheath was strong fast and silent, for that was what she needed to be.  One of the thug's trying to kill Raft noticed her and rushed her.  What a fool, he would be the first one.  Sheath drew her sword and spun around and slashed!  He fell to the floor, dead.  Another one decided to run at her, surely he would do better than his predecessor.  He didn't.  Sheath easily sidestepped him and tripped him.  He fell onto the floor, she spun her sword around and stabbed.  He screamed, but Sheath was silent.  The third was smarter, almost.  He shot at Sheath.  It was a Magnum.  Hard to aim, easy to dodge.  She ducked under the bullet and before he could get off another shot, she ran up and slashed.  That would be the last bullet he would ever fire.  Two more decided to follow suit and fired at her from opposite sides.  She ducked... and the bullets passed over her head and found their mark in the other man.  Silently Sheath rose from the floor and closed her eyes, her work was done.  For now.

  Yukino Awoke

  When I got control back from Sheath, there were bodies everywhere.  I don't even know how I got control back or why.  The only person not dead was Sara and she looked afraid.

  "Come on." she said when she saw it was me, not Sheath. "Let's go."

  Video Log: Scar

  I love Yukino as a friend, I really do.  But it's not easy.  I'm a little scared of Sheath, and why shouldn't I be?  She has the potential to kill us all!

  End Log

  On the way back to Sara's ship, we had to be quiet, if we weren't we'd be caught.  Though I wish we could've because that left me alone with my thoughts.  Sheath was usually quiet but sometimes she talked to me.  She says that she wants control over my, I mean our body.  But I can't let that happen, because she also wants to kill people.  I can't be responsible for that.  What's even worse is the way she works.  I don't know why she gave me control again.  It's like she's bidding her time, and that scares me.  Having this... thing!  Inside me.  I just, just, I just wish my other personality was a pacifist.

  When we did get to the ship, I'll be blunt, I was surprised.  The team was not at all what I had expected.  I mean, I knew who was going to be on the team, but they were different from my expectations.

  Sara strapped into the pilot's seat and started to fly.  the dragon guy, Agon decided to make a comment, "So that's the chick we came all the way out here to get?  I'm impressed."

  "Yes this is Sheath." Sara sighed.  Gallatian was quiet, almost quieter than Sheath.  It was creepy.

  Agon waved at me, "Wow she's quiet.  Kinda like Gallatian.  Match made in heaven if you ask me."

 "I do talk." I told him.  I hated people who said I didn't speak, that was Sheath not me.

  "Alright, so much for that wedding."

  "Could you leave her alone?" Sara called from the cockpit.

  "Fine." he sighed, but just because he wasn't picking on me, didn't mean he wasn't going to shut up.

  "So yeah, great first mission and so worth it.  Glad to know we can function, sorta."

  I couldn't take t anymore, "Will you shut up?  All you've done is make snide comments and criticize.  Sara you may have picked the heavy hitters, but this team sucks."

  "Could you please calm down, Yukino?" she asked.

  "No!  So far we have the wise-guy and the one who doesn't talk."

  "This may not be the best time, but during the mission Agon became feral."  Everyone shut up, Gallatian has spoken. 

  "Wow, Sparkles, you pick that to talk about?" asked Agon.

  "You did what?" Sara yelled.

  I decided to stay out of it and so did Gallatian.

  "I couldn't help it, I don't have complete control."

  "Then you better learn control!"  She yelled.  Then she sighed, "Great this whole team is a time bomb."  She turned back to Agon, "How many people did you kill when you lost control."

  "I don't remember, there was red and fire.  That's all."

  "Great, just great." she muttered.  Then she was quiet for a minute, thinking.  "Look." she said.  "Because we had to extract our spy we don't know where Wilson is going to attack.  This means we can only defend when it happens.  Come back here when that attack happens.  Until then, I think we need some private space." 

  Everyone is quiet while she lands the jet, and once that process is over, we all go our separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment